At the launch of its 2014 Election campaign on 21st June, the Fiji Labour Party released the names of its first batch of 27 candidates to contest the general elections. FLP’s line-up includes experience from veteran politicians as well fresh, new faces. Other names will be released shortly:
1. Lavinia Padarath (Suva) FLP President
Human resource management consultant in Health services,
Retired graduate nurse
Minister for Women and Social Welfare in the Labour-led Peoples Coalition Government of 1999/2000
4. Rev Josefa R. Koroiwaca – (Narere) Volunteer community worker;
D irector Viti Land and Resource Owners Association
5. Kini Marawai – (Makoi) Barrister and Solicitor;
former sports administrator,
journalist, former Board member LTA and FBC
6. Narendra Padarath (Ba) Retired businessman, former managing director Ba Hotels Ltd,
FLP Member of Parliament elected 2006.
Currently manager, Ba Sanatan College and Karavi Public School
7. Rupeni Silimaibau (Suva) Management consultant,
Youth affairs administrator.
Former Suva City Councillor.
Board Member Fiji Sports Council.
8. Monica Raghwan (Suva) Business woman; Social/community worker;
Property Manager Raghwan Construction;
FLP Member of Parliament – elected 2006 from Tamavua/Samabula Open Constituency
9. Sekaia Suluka (Ra) Retired Police Officer; Board member Fiji Police Credit Union. Distinguished career in the
Police Force from 1977-2012. Also served in Bosnia and Herzegovina on UN Peacekeeping duties.
10. Ratu Filimone Ralogaivou (Bua) Businessman;
former Labour Member of Parliament (1987);
11. Arvind Datt (Nasinu) Businessman; community worker.
Career in accounting, administration and business consultancy.
Currently CEO 3SA Carpets Ltd
Graduate qualifications in accounting, human resource development and administration
12 Laisa Bale (Suva) Business consultant.
Masters Degree in Public Administration (Harvard),
LLB (Hons) University of Brighton- Sussex, UK.
Has held several senior positions as consultant to UN on women’s issues
13. Mohammed Anwar Khan ((Suva) Barrister/Solicitor. Former legal adviser to Fiji Muslim League.
Currently – principal of law firm MA Khan, Esq.
14. Rosarine Lagi (Suva) Consultant in Accountancy, taxation and business administration;
former university lecturer, Board member Transparency International (Fiji);
President Hapmak Rotuma Association;
former Board member Housing Authority and Public Rental Board.
5. Damodar Nair (Tavua) Businessman, Social worker.
FLP Member of Parliament 2001/2006 elected from Tavua Open Constituency;
President – Nabutu Land Purchase Coop Society
Secretary – Balata High and Primary Schools
16. Hari Krishna – (Lautoka) Retired Principal Education Officer;
Teaching career spanning 3 decades before being appointed Principal Education Officer
17. Josaia Waqabaca – (Suva) Taxi Operator; political activist;
Former Manager properties for Public Rental Board.
Resigned to enter politics.
19. Surendra Lal – (Labasa) Farmer, trade unionist; businessman.
National President- National Farmers Union
FLP Member of Parliament – 2001-2006
Former Sugar Cane Growers Councillor;
Secretary- Vanua Levu Cane Farmers Milling Transport Union
20. Solomone Catarogo –(Labasa) Cane Farmer, landowner and community worker.
Former national and Labasa soccer rep.
Former boxing champion in the Lightweight division.
21. Vyas Deo Sharma – (Vuda) Farmer/ businessman. Former FLP Member of Parliament 2001-2006
22. Udit Narayan – (Lautoka) Farmer, trade unionist, community worker.
FLP Member of Parliament 2001-2006; served as Minister for Primary and Preventative Health in 2006
Former Lautoka City Councillor;
Secretary- National Farmers Union Lautoka Branch
Secretary- Farmers Carnival Inc.
25. Mohammed Tahir – (Labasa) Cane farmer, landlord;
FLP Member of Parliament – 2006.
Former President National Farmers Union Labasa;
Former Sugar Cane Growers Councillor
Former Suva City Councillor
President- FLP Suva Branch