Together we will make Fiji a country and a society that will:
- Assure everyone of their future security and rights as people of one nation.
- Remove all vestiges of discrimination based on race, religion, colour or creed.
- Create new prosperity through prudent and sustainable use of Fiji’s human and natural resources.
- Give young people hope for the future through increased employment opportunities.
- Provide a decent standard of living for all our people.
- Actively promote measures aimed at gender equality.
- Ensure the provision of adequate health, education and welfare services.
Protect the disadvantaged and the needy.
Founding Principles of the Fiji Labour Party
- Recognition and protection of fundamental political and civil rights, including free and democratic elections, freedom of expression, freedom of the individual and a just legal system.
- Elimination of discrimination and exploitation on the grounds of class, race, sex, religion, political affiliation and age.
- Abolition of poverty and the achievement of an equitable distribution of income, wealth and opportunities.
- Fostering of a national identity for our people.
- Proper management of Fiji’s resources, and protection of the environment.
- Redistribution of political and economic power so that all members of society have the opportunity to participate in institutions and the processes which determine their lives.
- Promotion of the democratic socialisation of industry, production, distribution and exchange in order to eliminate anti-social exploitative practices.
- Maintenance and creation of and support or a competitive non-monopolistic private sector with particular emphasis on small-scale business, farming and co-operatives, controlled and owned by the people of Fiji, and operating within clear social guidelines and objectives.
- Recognition and encouragement of the right of labour to organise for the protection and advancement of its objectives.
- Application of industrial democracy to increase opportunities for people to work in satisfying, healthy and humane conditions and to participate in and increase their control over, the decision making processes affecting them.
- Provision and maintenance of full and meaningful employment.
It is necessary to remind ourselves from time to time that the party should continue work towards achieving the principles on, which it is founded.
FLP Manifesto for the 2014 General Elections. Download here »